The Nikon 1 J3 is a Nikon 1 series high-speed mirrorless interchangeable-lens camera by Nikon. It is the successor of the Nikon 1 J2 and predecessor of Nikon 1 J4.
Featuring a 14 megapixel image sensor and further increased autofocus (hybrid autofocus with phase detection/contrast-detect AF and AF-assist illuminator) speed to 15 frames per second (fps), the maximum continuous shooting speed stays at 60 fps for up to 40 frames.
The image processor Expeed 3A, a successor to the Expeed 3 used in the former Nikon 1 series cameras, features a new (according to Nikon) image-processing engine with increased speed of up to 850 megapixels per second. It is developed exclusively for Nikon 1 cameras.
- Effective Pixels: 14.2 million
- Sensor Size: 13.2mmx 8.8mm
- Image sensor format: Nikon CX format (a very slight smaller than 1" sensor format)
- Storage Media: SD, SDHC, SDXC
- 15 frames per secondwith AF
- 30/60 fps with focus locked on first frame
- ISO Sensitivity: 160-6400
- Audio file format: ACC
- Movie file format: MOV
- Monitor Size: 3.0 in. diagonal
- Monitor Type: TFT-LCD with brightness adjustment
- Battery: EN-EL20 Lithium-ion Battery
- Nikon 1 series
- Nikon 1-mount
- Nikon 1 J3 Product Manual Nikon