The Sony Î±58, Sony Alpha 58 also known as Sony A58 (model name SLT-A58) is a mid-range single-lens reflex digital camera from Sony's Alpha SLT camera line, introduced in 2013.
The Alpha 58 camera features 5fps burst shooting (8fps in 5MP 'Tele-Zoom' mode), 1080/60i and 1080/24p video in both AVCHD and Mpeg4 formats, 15-point phase-detection autofocus system, ISO range of 100-16000, APS-C sized CMOS sensor, a tiltable 2.7" LCD screen, a high-resolution OLED Tru-Finder with 100% coverage, a built in flash, an ISO 518-compatible Sony hotshoe, a stereo microphone for video shooting and other features.
The auto-focus system provides eight modes: Phase Detect, Multi-area, Selective single-point, Tracking, Single, Continuous, Face Detection, Live View.
- AVCHD recording at 1920 x 1080 (50i (1080i) @ 24 Mbit/s, 50i (1080i) @ 17 Mbit/s, 25p (1080p) @ 24 Mbit/s, 25p (1080p)) @ 17 Mbit/s
- MPEG-4 recording at 1440 x 1080 (Approx.25fps @ 12Mbit/s (Average bit-rate))
Like it's predecessor, the Sony Alpha 57, the Alpha 58 offers no 60i/60p/24p video modes.
Amy Davies of TechRadar gave the camera four stars out of five, describing it this way: "Sony has produced a very good camera in the Alpha a58, and we're sure that anybody who buys one will be very pleased with its performance, [...] it also offers excellent value for money, especially compared with its closest rivals."
Imagine Resource regarded image quality ("in fact, the A58's images stack up well against those from much more expensive, enthusiast-level DSLRs"), sharpness and graphical user interface.
- ^ DPreview, Sony announces SLT-A58 20MP mid-level DSLR-style camera, Feb 20, 2013
- ^ Sony a58 example photos
- ^ sony launches the slt a58 in uae
- ^ official specifications
- ^ Techradar, Sony Alpha a58 review, 16 May 2013
- ^ Imaging Resource, review
- Sony Alpha 58, official specifications